Thursday 30 March 2017

20 years of Buffy

What can I say about Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

This show means so much to me. It came into the world at a time that I didn't know who I was or who I wanted to be, and I was ashamed to say I liked something that was different than what my friends liked. But it helped cement my love of vampires, and made my wanting of a girl hero burn loud and bright in my soul.
Sarah Michelle Gellar joined the ranks of Drew Barrymore and Shannon Doherty as my idols. (Now seeing them as adults they are still pretty f*#king awesome). I wanted to devour everything I could find that was 'like Buffy'. I would never have found Anita Blake if it weren't for Buffy - she paved the way for so many amazing characters throughout television, movies and books I could write a separate post on that alone.

She was the chosen one. And she changed my life for the better.

I'd like to personally thank Joss Whedon, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and the character of Buffy herself for being what I needed at a time in my life when I didn't know up from down half the time. Thank you for giving us someone to idolise in this suckfest of a world.

#buffyis20 #20yearsofBuffy #btvs #buffythevampireslayer

No comments:

Post a Comment